Kids 'n Arts Camp
Kids 'n Arts summer camp will provide your children with an enriching art and theatre experience unlike any other camp! Campers will spend mornings enjoying storytelling and theatre games. In the afternoon they will create a number of exciting art projects inspired by the museum's rich art collection. Your children will have the benefit of working with faculty and students from Niagara University including the Theatre and Fine Arts Department, NURT (Niagara University Repertory Theatre), local teaching artists, and professionals from the Castellani Art Museum.
Ages & Attire: Camp is for children ages 5-12. Please dress in clothing appropriate for art making and physical activities. Sandals may not be suitable.
Tuition: $200 per week. An additional $50 nonrefundable registration fee per child, per week is required at the time of registration.
10% discount for museum members, NU Theatre season pass holders, NU faculty, staff, alumni, or for families registering more than one child for the same week. Only one 10% discount may be applied. Scholarships are also available for families in need of financial assistance. Please inquire by calling 286.8200 or by email, at email@example.com.
Tuition refunds will be given for cancellations up to two weeks before camp begins. Tuition payment is encouraged in full at time of registration. Final payments must be made one week prior to the start of camp.
ABOUT SUMMER CAMP SCHOLARSHIPS
- Scholarships are designed for families that demonstrate a financial need and an interest in the arts.
- Applicant families must qualify for and participate in the free/reduced school lunch program and/or receive HEAP assistance, within the 2018-19 academic school year.
- Scholarships are limited to one camp session per child.
- Scholarships include full coverage of the camp registration fee and all tuition fees, totaling $250 per child per week of summer camp.
- Scholarships are assigned in accordance with the Castellani Art Museum’s mission: “The Castellani Art Museum of Niagara University connects diverse audiences to art by inspiring creativity and learning within the campus community and beyond.”
- Funds for scholarships are limited and provided by private donations.
- Submitting a scholarship application does not guarantee a space in the summer camp program.
Applicant must submit:
- A completed application form.
- Documentation that the applicant family qualifies for and participates in the free/reduced school lunch program and/or receives HEAP assistance, within the 2018-19 academic school year.
- A letter of support from a mentor (teacher, pastor, rabbi, guidance counselor, coach, etc.) who is not a relative of the student, indicating the applicant’s interest in the arts and commitment to the program.
- A parent/guardian must provide transportation for the student to/from the Castellani Art Museum for each day of camp (Monday-Friday) if they receive a scholarship.
Thank you to Anthony DiMino and DiMino's TOPS in Lewiston for generously sponsoring the snacks for this year's kids 'n arts camp!