Niagara University, operating as the Castellani Art Museum of Niagara Museum (the "Museum") provides www.castellaniartmuseum.org and its subdomains (including content accessible through mobile devices as well as downloadable mobile applications) (the "Website") in support of the Museum's mission to connect diverse audiences to art by inspiring creativity and learning within the campus community and beyond.
The Website collect two kinds of information from the Users of the Site: Personally Identifiable Information ("PII"), and Anonymous Information ("AI").
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
PII collected on the Site may include:
- Home and business contact information
- Financial information, such as credit card numbers and eligibility for matching contributions from your employer
- Educational background and professional qualifications
Review and Correction of Personally Identifiable Information
If you need to correct, amend, or update your personal data, please use the options provided to you on the Site, or, if you cannot locate what you need, email@example.com.
The Site hosts many interactive services intended to foster the mission of the Museum. These interactive services may collect the PII listed above, and other content you choose to share with us. The Museum has in part prepared this Policy to enable Users to make informed choices regarding the information and content they post on these services.
Third Party Services
Users will also note that certain services who may collect PII are hosted by third-party providers linked to the Website; these third-party providers will have their own Terms and Conditions, and the Museum accepts no liability for activity conducted on a Site or Service maintained by a third party.
How the Museum uses your PII
The Museum uses PII for the purposes disclosed at the point of providing it, and for other purposes unless you ask us not to do so, such as:
- Communicating with you
- Development and fundraising
- Promoting the Mission of the Museum and of Niagara Museum
- Announcing and promoting Museum events and news
- Analyzing what services on the Website taht you use and promoting further services to you
- Creating electronic and print directories
- Creating Museum publications
Sharing of PII with Third Parties
The Museum does not share, transfer or release PII collected on this Site except as otherwise described below:
- Certain service providers may have access to PII when they are providing their services to the Museum. For instance, if you submit PII to request a newsletter, a vendor printing the newsletter may be given your address in order to prepare it for mailing. If you make a purchase or donation by credit card, the Museum may submit your information to a third party for processing.
- For development purposes, the Museum may disclose PII to outside research firms. Such firms are contractually obligated to keep PII disclosed to them confidential.
The Museum reserves the right to disclose and use PII to protect the Museum, Users of the Site, and others, in particular to prevent or investigate crime, fraud, a violation of these Terms and Conditions, a violation of any Museum policy, or when the Museum believes the law compels such disclosure.
Anonymous Information (AI)
The Website automatically logs certain information when you interact with it; for example, your operating system, the browser you use, the content accessed, and the date and time of your visit to the Site. This information is anonymous. The Museum uses this AI to analyze the manner in which the site is used; this information is used to improve your experience with the Site.
Links on the Site
Children Under 13
The Museum does not knowingly collect PII from children under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Upon notice or discovery that PII from a child of under 13 has been collected without parental consent, the Museum will delete the PII. Parents and guardians concerned their child may have submitted such information may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.